We can’t wait to get outside with warm weather right around the corner. But the warm weather also means ticks, fleas, and other pests are out. When it comes to repelling ticks, harsh pesticide products may not be best for your pet. Instead, here are our best tips to repel fleas and ticks and avoid bringing those pesky hitchhikers home with you.
Our 4 Best Tips to Repel Pests
- Add garlic to your pet’s diet. Garlic is a safe tick repellent for your pet. It’s anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and a natural antibiotic that doesn’t destroy beneficial bacteria. Always give garlic with food so that it won’t irritate the gut lining. Serve your pet one fresh clove of garlic, finely chopped, per 30 pounds of body weight per day.
- Use natural flea and tick preventatives:
- Internal powders. One of our favorite product lines is Wondercide. Wondercide doesn’t use synthetic chemicals and contains a unique combination of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Topical Monthly Treatments. Wondercide’s Herbal Flea & Tick Collar and Herbal Spot-On gently and powerfully repels and protects against ticks and fleas
- Use a lint roller. After a walk, hike, or time spent outside, you can use a lint roller to quickly catch any ticks or fleas on the surface of your pet’s fur on their body and legs.
- Yard/home sprays. You can spray your yard or home to protect from ticks. When finding effective products, avoid those with harsh and harmful chemicals. We suggest using Wondercide or Skout’s Honor.
Want to learn more about the dangers of flea and tick season and the impact on our pets? Check out our blog post Signs and Symptoms of Tick-Borne Illness.
For more information about how to boost your pet’s parasite prevention naturally, read this.
*This article is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to provide medical advice or replace the advice of a qualified veterinarian.